Even though your humidor has been crafted from seasoned wood and tested, it is essential that it be seasoned before storing cigars.
The following steps should be performed prior to use:
- Remove and fill humidity device with distilled water.
- Rinse a fresh sponge with distilled water and wipe the interior sides, the dividers, any trays, and the inside top and bottom of the humidor.
- Place a plastic bag on the bottom of the humidor interior and place the damp sponge on top of the bag.
- Install the humidity element.
- Close the lid and leave undisturbed for at least 12 hours.
- Open the humidor, remove the sponge and plastic bag from the humidor.
- Refill the humidification device with distilled water.
- Close lid and leave undisturbed for another 12 hours, insuring the interior wood has a raised level of humidity sufficient to begin storing cigars.